Colorado Power Electronics offers computer-controlled TWTA test stations with precision high-voltage supplies, cathode switch and fully integrated data acquisition instrumentation. Together, the TWTA test system (modulator) and rack mountable computer (controller) form a powerful tool for manufacturing and operating TWT amplifiers. TWTA test systems can be configured for your specific application needs. Please contact CPE for expert application engineering support.
- Cathode voltage supply ranges up to 24kV
- 0.33μF output capacitance for superior power initiation and pulse stability
- Collector supplies are designed as series-stackable modules that allow system expandability.
- Each supply is floatable to 25kV with an operating range up to 4kV differential.
- Wide load range capability
- 0.1% voltage and current regulation
- 4-wire Kelvin connection for accurate load point regulation
- Timer removes heater power when no high voltage is present for a preset time.
- Current limit for thermal shock reduction
- Cathode and Grid (IFE) voltage pulsing capability available in the same rack
- Cathode voltage can be pulsed to full operating voltage for a varying duty cycle and period.
- Grid (IFE) potential can be modulated from bias level to pulse top level.
- Typical rise and fall times of 400ns to 15kV
- Low 1mJ tube fault energy
- Internal crowbar for collector and cathode supplies
- High-speed hardware fault protection – no firmware intervention required to detect fault conditions
- Integrated data acquisition instrumentation with 10μs resolution
- Optically isolated rack mount controller with GPIB interface for full automation capability
- Isolated sync output for external cathode switch synchronization
- User interlock
- Smoke detector
- External HV warning lamp with lamp failure detection
- Selectable automatic reset function to automatically clear faults and re-apply power to TWT
- Fault history log
- Selectable cathode tracking automatically adjusts collector voltage to track cathode voltage changes.
- Preset tube families allow quick configuration for TWT types.
For a full list of features, see page 2 of CPE’s flyer for IVEC 2016.